- This topic is empty.
March 23, 2012 at 11:13 am #37305
I could use your feedback on a internal phone directory site I am presenting next week. I have a couple of fears, such as the home page being too busy looking. I apologize for posting a movie rather than a site link, it is a internal site and not accessible to the outside world. Please let me know your suggestions.
Thanks!March 23, 2012 at 11:30 am #99768
Here are the images if it helps.
Mobile (when resized)March 23, 2012 at 11:31 am #99769Paulie_DMember
IgnoreMarch 23, 2012 at 11:33 am #99770
I Included the images hosted on image shack. Movie is hosted on techsmiths’ screencast.March 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm #99802CameronDuthieParticipant
I like how you’ve kept it quite minimal and clean looking, it works really well in the mobile version and you’ve got all the important information where it needs to be.
I do have a few criticisms when it comes to the full screen version though,
It’s great how you’ve kept it minimal but it looks a bit plain – there’s nothing that really jumps out at me and im not really sure what im supposed to be drawn to when i first look at it.
– Try using a richer colour palette maybe look into using a complementary one to add a bit of contrast to the design to help navigate the users eye.
– I’d also maybe try using a different font or font weight for your headings/navigation again this will help to add a bit more interest to the design and it will also break up your layout more, thus adding a visual hierarchy to the page.
– I would maybe throw down a really subtle texture to your navigation bar or add the faintest of gradients behind the logo to make it really pop.
– The main image is relevant but looks a little dull, i’d maybe consider tracking down one (or making your own) that has a little more visual impact to it. A good example of this is Media Temple, on their homepage they’ve taken something that might not be considered ‘visually interesting’ (i.e a server) and they’ve turned it into something that does – http://mediatemple.net/
What you’ve done is good, i think it just needs a little polishing. :)
Hope all this helps, keep up the good work and let me know how you get on.
CameronMarch 23, 2012 at 11:17 pm #99822
Thank you so much Cameron. I really appreciate your feedback. I am terrible with matching font types so I kept the Heading the same as the content. Do you have any suggestions on what to use. Currently, I am using Open Sans from Google. Do you know of any font that could compliment that?
I will spruce up the gradients and colors, as well as add some minor design elements. Now that my eyes are away from it I can see what you mean. My big fear is that banner and that overly-large “Advanced Search” transparent block on it. I don’t want it to be too busy. I just don’t have much of a say in it :(
- The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.