Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Need some critiques, musician wesbite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    blue642

Hello,

Here is my latest project http://marcosrobles.com/.

I could use some reviews and critiques… It isn’t entirely finished, mainly the top section will have a different background per section, and there will be a graphic of the section name where the intro call-out is on the Home page. (waiting on resources from the client to implement that. Also, the spanish pages need the content to be translated (also by the client.)

Some details that I personally enjoyed about building this.

All Javascript is progressive. Javascript is used for the lightbox on the pictures page, the magic line navigation (Thanks Chris :D )
    form validation on the client-side, inclusion of the music player, form section highlighting.

If JavaScript is disabled,
    -the pictures just take you to the raw image (no lightbox)
    -Hovers/current page highlighting still work in the nav but no magic line
    -php validates the form, music player diaplays a "having difficulties" message
    -and the form still works without section highlighting.

Also, with images disabled,
    -The logo reverts to a properly sized regular text link.
    -The social media and translate links, in the footer, revert to text.
    – The image on the bio page reverts to an appropriate background color, and shows the alt text.
    – page still functions and looks pretty nice (albeit basic)

Text selection colors modified in browsers that support it.

translation link, switches between English / Spanish language but keeps you on the same page (all links keep you on the proper language until you click the translation link to switch back) NOTE: content is not in spanish yet, the client will be translating this in the CMS. (surreal CMS)

Any critiques or reviews?

Thanks for your time,
    Brendan

blue642

thanks for the comments! I will fix the overhang when we create the new top sections… (the width of the content used to be 960, so it worked then…)

As for the send button, The client wants to entriely rework the form, so I will definitely add styling the submit button to the to do list.

Thanks again…
    Anyone else?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.