Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need Sliding Panel on top of other divs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    joshtheflame

which parent div..can u name it? and where to put absolute?

cybershot
    Participant

I don’t know what parent because I don’t have access to your html.

the parent would be the one above the search div or the slider. It looks like #panel from you javascript. set the panel to position: absolute and if needed, set the div that the panel sits in to position:relative;

cybershot
    Participant

i guess on the outside div would be relative and panel would be absolute

outside being parent and panel being child

joshtheflame

i did paste my html code also along with the div’s ..neway lah me try

cybershot
    Participant

I got to go now, good luck

joshtheflame

thanks cyber..although the search button is disappeared when slide down…neway thanks for all ur help.

cybershot
    Participant

your search button is probably hidden under the panel. It didn’t move with the panel. Did you get it all sorted out?

joshtheflame

i finally made it worked the way i wanted and it took me 12 hours to figure it out how to do it. duhhh…just one problem left the triggering button is not coming down with the panel and that i cannot figure it out.

here is the one html code to test it.

Slide Panel Heading

This is Jquery Example of Slide Panel. sample text(One of the most significant elements of a good user interface is visibility of the system’s status. Users must notice immediately what’s going on behind the scenes and whether their actions have actually led to the expected results. To achieve a more sophisticated level of system visibility, Web applications these days use AJAX (of course),)

Visit more Examples: www.csscody.com

Search

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum

cybershot
    Participant

I am having trouble testing it right now, but I am still working on it. in the mean time you try testing

Slide Panel Heading

This is Jquery Example of Slide Panel. sample text(One of the most significant elements of a good user interface is visibility of the system’s status. Users must notice immediately what’s going on behind the scenes and whether their actions have actually led to the expected results. To achieve a more sophisticated level of system visibility, Web applications these days use AJAX (of course),)

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Nam liber tempor cum soluta nobis eleifend option congue nihil imperdiet doming id quod mazim placerat facer possim assum. Typi non habent claritatem insitam; est usus legentis in iis qui facit eorum claritatem. Investigationes demonstraverunt lectores legere me lius quod ii legunt saepius. Claritas est etiam processus dynamicus, qui sequitur mutationem consuetudium lectorum. Mirum est notare quam littera gothica, quam nunc putamus parum claram, anteposuerit litterarum formas humanitatis per seacula quarta decima et quinta decima. Eodem modo typi, qui nunc nobis videntur parum clari, fiant sollemnes in futurum

Search

tell me what you get if I don’t post again by the time you are ready

cybershot
    Participant

well, I got closer with this

Slide Panel Heading

Search

joshtheflame

Cybershot I am done with it…goshhhhh…it was such an experience…finallyyyyyyyyy..duhhhh…had to rearrange my divs as it was not properly placed…..sat down with a coffee and put strain on my brain and violaaaaaaaa…

Thank you for all your support. ;)

Slide Panel Heading

Search

cybershot
    Participant

yes, I thought that might be it also. I also figured there had to be a way to do it with jquery but I can’t figure it out either. I can move the button down but it won’t go back up

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.