Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need: Multi-menu dropdown with the ul li ul li always appearing on same place – see img

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tlimited

Hi. I’m new here so please tell me if you need more info for helping me out with this.

Is there any way to do this only with css (no js) while following W3-standards?
    Image of what I’m trying to get: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2171/imageforcsshelp.jpg

As seen in the image, I need a dropdown box that has width as 100 % page width, always shows the ul li ul li on the same left-side of a div-wrapper (1000px wide and centered with margin: 0px auto) that’s in that dropdown box. Is this possible with only css and still using w3-standard for the html?

I’ve tried a lot on this, but can’t figure it out.

position: fixed doesn’t work well, absolute should work but I can’t get it to, and relative is probably not the ticket.

Please help!

– T

Mottie

Hi tlimited!

Check out this tutorial. It doesn’t fill the entire browser width, but I’m pretty sure if you set the widths to 100% it’ll work.

If you really want a pure css drop down, check out this one or this one.

And if that still doesn’t work for you, try searching Google for “Mega Drop Down”.

No offense, but I’m removing the “Tricky” from the title of this post.

tlimited

Thanks a ton, Mottie!
    The tutorial was exactly the kind of dropdown-code I was after!
    Not sure I’ll get the 100 % width working just like that, but I think I can figure out that part.

And no offense taken ;)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.