Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Need help with WordPress Multisite Configuration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Crssp
    Participant

I have a WordPress Multisite installation up and running, but don’t seem to have the option of creating the network sites as sub-domains. Did I do something wrong, does something need edited?

When I go to the menu screen for creating a new network site:

My Sites | Network Admin | Sites | Add New All I get there is the option to create the site in a subfolder.

Is this normal or how it should appear, if I wanted the sites to exist in a sub-domain.
    All I see is my domain name followed by a trailing slash, and then an input field below that. Anything I would enter would create a directory in crssp.com/ wouldn’t it, rather than a sub-domain folder?

Maybe either way would work for me, I’m hosting on ASmallOrange, and can probably add a sub-directory as an add-on domain in Cpanel just as well as going the Sub-domain route.

So another question then is what does anyone else prefer, and why???

Thanks for any help on this one.

Just thinking WP Multisite will eliminate many extra files on the server of going the multi installation of wordpress and having separate installs.

talk to me… :)

Crssp
    Participant

Hi Gang, I went ahead and just tried to create a new Network site, with what I had which was the default Softaculous Multisite installation on ASmallOrange.
    It created the site no problem, but it is using subdirectories rather than sub-domains.
    Seems less complicated this way, to just run with it.

I don’t see a need to switch it to use sub-domains.
    I still have plenty of options using add-on or parked domains.

eddiemayan
    Participant

Consult this issue to CloudWays. They are experts in managed WordPress multisite.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.