Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help with new site that was launched today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    roncito

Hey all,
    just launched a new site but seems i have some css issues. bottom container slid left and background pic that i have for slideshow doesnt appear. could someone please help?
    here’s the link, http://ingaspark.com/bonaire%20custom%20carpentry/home.html
    thanks
    ron

seb_z_lite

I hope you’re going to proofread that…that’s the main thing that hits my eye.

seb_z_lite

I would suggest that if you’re using Chrome, get the cssscan app. It helps to visualize the position of your elements. Your body is on the left side and the width : 700px? So div#container is outside of the body.

seb_z_lite

html{width:1265px vs. footer and #container{width:1237px;

seb_z_lite

I saw your page wrap too. Is it supposed to only wrap the top part because it doesnt have any height.

chrisburton
    Participant

Well aint this a bitch.

Honestly, this is a mess and like @seb_z_lite stated, you should really proofread your content. I’m not a fan of using img tags when it isn’t required but I’m not going to rant about that. Use the full URL path to your image. I’m sure someone else will help with your CSS.

sliver37

The main thing causing all the problems is position: absolute, you shouldn’t do that on everything it’s even on elements with floats.

Read up on other methods or take a look at how various other sites are doing it.

roncito

thanks for all your comments.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.