Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help with margins of Weebly site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    paigeweber
    Participant

Seriously I can’t say it enough — THANK YOU for all of your help. I fixed the white space between the blue banner and main photos (not sure why it’s listed twice in CSS).

One small thing left: I still can’t figure out how to get rid of those little white sideways lines in my blue banner?

Paulie_D

I think I mentioned that the’re caused by one of the background images…if you use Developer Tools to inspect the site I’m sure you can find it again….and turn it off.

paigeweber
    Participant

Just got it about an hour ago.. finally made sense to me looking back through. Now it’s like one small thing after another though:

1. On the Home page, the main image now doesn’t stretch the whole width of the page. There is a small white space on the right side.

2. On all the other pages, now the content doesn’t stretch all the way to the right side.

Paulie_D

Those tables in the HTML-markup aren’t doing you any favors. Converting those to plain div’s (with floats or flexbox in CSS) would mean some serious work now, but would pay out in the long run.

That’s not the OP’s choice…that’s part of Weebly component system.

paigeweber
    Participant

Right, Weebly built all the tables. I don’t usually like Weebly, but I couldn’t build this all from scratch!

So I used “background-size: cover” for the home page, but it didn’t work for the other pages. How can I get the content on the other pages to not have a space down the right side?

CRISTINA
    Participant

Hi Paige,

Came across this post recently and saw that your webpage has the slideshow that extends across the entire page… something I am still trying to figure out how to do. Could you share how you made that possible? Any help is appreciated, from anyone. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.