Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help making the categories stand out / look different…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ricksmith
    Participant

If you check out [this site](http://noahsdad.com/test “noah’s dad”), I’d like to make the categories “stand out” above the various widget areas if that makes sense. You’ll see where it says “Down Syndrome Resources, etc” for categories – I’d like that to stand out more / look different than the post titles, if that makes sense.

Thanks!

Paulie_D

Perhaps I’m missing something but I just can’t figure out what categories you are referring to.

ricksmith
    Participant

After the main posts you’ll see “down syndrome resources” /”therapy”, etc…

And you just proved my point. :) They just sort of blend in. :)

Paulie_D

See there’s the thing…how would I know they are categories?

Perhaps a heading / top border or the like?

Also, if they are categories then shouldn’t “Down Syndrome Resources” be a link to the collection of posts/resources etc?

ricksmith
    Participant

Did you get a chance to look at the link? The 5 most recent posts within that category are located under that.

dfogge
    Participant

a quick solution might be turning them into buttons.

Paulie_D

Of course I looked at the link but you have a ‘heading’ called “Down Syndrome Resources” which is followed by “More Parenting Posts”….there’s a disconnect there.

Perhaps something like Chris has done on the main page here…a coloured highlight strip at the top with the Category name in it?

ricksmith
    Participant

@Paulie_d that sounds great, can you help me with that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would recommend making them larger than the rest of the text. And each button having a background-color. That will let people distinguish the navigation from the rest of the text.

Paulie_D

Clearly you will have to ‘tag’ each item with a category and then group/feed them somehow.

I’m, assuming this is WP?

ricksmith
    Participant

yes. I’m a rookie at this. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.