Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Need Help Getting PHP/MySQL form processed via AJAX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eamonn

Hi Guys,
    The following code pieces are:

• My opening Javascript snippet, forming the obj, in the header
    • The form, a dropdown, populated via PHP
    • The processing script, on tester-engine.php

I am completely new to AJAX, and cannot see where this is falling down. Any help and explanations would be hugely appreciated.

The header script:

The Form:

// db connection established

Person info will be listed here.

And, finally, the proccessing script:

$q=$_GET["q"];

// connection esablished

$sql="SELECT * FROM contacts WHERE id = '".$q."'";

$result = mysql_query($sql);

echo "

";

while($row = mysql_fetch_array($result))
    {
    echo "";
    echo "";
    echo "";
    echo "";
    }
    echo "
    Firstname Lastname
    " . $row . "" . $row . "
    ";

Thanks in advance!

ChrisBull

What’s wrong with it, Is is the request getting sent, is php not sending anything back, is the javascript function even getting called…?

Eamonn

Well, it actually worked fine when the form options were hard coded as opposed to being auto populated via php. Now it doesn’t, and I just can’t figure why. I don’t know enough about AJAX to know if there’s an issue with php defined variables, and every example I can google seems to have hard coded values.

To be clear – the form is being populated fine, but now, on selection, no response is being shown.

Eamonn

Bump in hope….

smithbh

This isn’t a solution, but may point you in the right direction.

If you’re passing your values into a PHP array named “q” using GET, I’d recommend using the jQuery 1.5.0 .serialize() function to grab all the parameters from your form and passing them via the AJAX-inherent .get() function.

Example:

1) Add the following to your Header:

2) Assign an ID to your form(this is my own personal preference as I favor using the jQuery ID selector):

3) Not sure what event you’re using to submit the form – if using a submit button, add the following:

Like I said, this isn’t a solution, but should help point you in the right direction. Also, I typically prefer to use the POST method as opposed to GET. To use this method instead, simply replace the above jQuery $.get(); function with $.post(); and replace $q=$_GET[“q”]; with $q=$_POST[“q”]; in your PHP.

Hope this helps!

Brandon

http://www.vconstruct.com
    Build On The Cloud

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.