Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help double spacing between paragraphs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    daisybelle
    Participant

I have a new custom template that I’m using on my Blogger site. I’m working on a mac, using Mars Edit to post, but all my entries are single spacing between paragraphs. I emailed Mars Edit support, but it’s an issue with my template and they can’t help me. I’ve used many templates over the years, but have never had this problem before.

The only thing I can do to fix the spacing is to go back into Mars, and add breaks manually by switching to WSIWG view.

Can someone give me coding that I can add to my stylesheet to force double spacing between the paragraphs in my posts. Can I just go to Advanced, and add the overrides in Blogger’s CSS area?

If someone could help me, I would really appreciate it. My site is Jans Daily Dish

srikarg
    Participant

I assume you’re talking about the space between paragraphs instead of double spacing the lines themselves? If so, add the following to your CSS stylesheet to add more space below each paragraph.

p {
        /* Adjust the pixel amount below as needed. */
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

daisybelle
    Participant

That worked perfectly, thank you so, so much. I’ve struggled with this for two days.

If I could ask you one more thing –

I will be posting pictures that are 600px, as my Arm and Hammer picture is in the top entry on my site. I would like the width of the text underneath to be the same, I don’t want it to be block style, I just want the left edge to align with the picture and the right edge to not extend beyond the picture.

I can go into the pre made Blogger Templates and I know how to adjust the widths, but I can’t figure out how to do it in this custom template.

Again, I appreciate the help, and especially the quick response. I’ve tried to learn CSS, but I just don’t comprehend well enough to do it, it is so difficult and so frustrating. Just can’t wrap my brain around it.

srikarg
    Participant

If you are sure that ALL future images will be 600px wide and you ALWAYS want paragraphs to be the same width, then you can use the following. Note that I included the margin-bottom statement from my previous answer.

p {
        margin-bottom: 20px;
        width: 600px;
    }

daisybelle
    Participant

That works except now my posts are left aligned instead of centered in the post area. Can you tell me how to center the picture and post in the post area. Also my sidebar graphics are now left aligned as well. I’m seriously in awe of how quickly you do this. It is very appreciated.

Here’s how it looks

Thanks again.

Paulie_D

As I understand it you need the paragraphs to be a maximum of 600px wide and centered.

This should do it.

p {
    width: 600px;
    margin: 0 auto 20px 0;
    }

Note, this won’t affect the ‘historic’ posts if they do not use paragraphs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.