Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Need help creating multiple draggable windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Snowcap

Hi community,

I have created a draggable window and I would like to expand this idea so I can create multiple windows. Right now I am relying heavily on id’s, but if I had multiple windows this would not work. I thought about primarily using classes to avoid duplicating id’s, but I’m confused on how to approach it. How should I go about this, or is there another solution you can recommend?

To see my code click on the [CodePen url](http://cdpn.io/aBEIi “CodePen link”).

All help is appreciated, thank you.

Snowcap

No, I wanted to code it without a framework.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@Snowcap I couldn’t really view your code because I’m on mobile and it wasn’t separated, but are you worried about duplicate id’s? And are your elements going to be dynamic or generated through js?

Alright, so i just glanced at the product, and, well… To be blunt, you need to possibly worry about fixing any problems and/or bugs before you try to duplicate or clone these elements. The reason i say that is your pen totally freaked out on me, selected the entire pages text, and the box was about 500px down and to the right of my mouse without being able to “drop” the window.

A more serious question is, are you re-inventing the wheel because this is a project that you can say, “Hey, i accomplished this!” or are you just unfamiliar with jQuery and jQuery UI, like @Hompimpa mentioned?

I guess if you do not want to use a JS Library, and just pure JS, we should work from there.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Well, i just looked through the code and i must ask you, what is your level of html/css/js?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.