Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help building UI for custom store check out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    potatrick

So… I’m really just trying to source the best way to go about this

A little background about me:
    I have a business, I mainly do graphic design services, screen printing, and some web design. My web experience has mainly been in HTML and CSS, which I’m very comfortable with. I recently started doing my own PHP code for WordPress and I’m in the process of learning jquery.

I’m building the website for my business, and I want to set it up so I can let people customize their screen printing orders for an estimate, upload their files, then pay.

My question is, what do you recommend the best way to go about doing this is? I would love to do it as hands-on as possible so I can learn the process. I’ve been looking into using Foxycart opposed to Shopify or Big Commerce because it’s so customizable. I was thinking of building an app, maybe with PHP? (not that I know how to do that yet) and then once the price and file uploads are finalized on my site, it would then transfer to my cart software where they can check out. I’m open to any suggestions, including what you think the best checkout solutions are.

Thanks in advance.

potatrick

Forgot to add. The app would essentially function like so:
    step 1: pick a garment from a list of differently priced garments, along with the color.
    step 2: enter the quantity of garments for each size.
    step 3: pick how many colors the print will be.
    step 4: get price estimate.
    step 5: upload files.
    step 6: check out.

jurotek
    Participant

I happen to really like OpenCart. I started working with it about a month ago or so after Google announced they are discontinuing Checkout what I use currently. Opencart is easy to set up and completely customizeable and the layout is div based instead of nested tables like some hosted solutions which you have very little control over. Opencart got feature for people to buy stuff via upload also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.