Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need help adding search bar to header on SquareSpace site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smwoodward
    Participant

I need some help with adding a search bar to a squarespace site. the site is http://www.gggshoppe.com. I am able to put the search bar on the footer of the site, but I would really like to add it to the header to be across all pages, however I will have to do that with CSS, and it starts getting over my head a bit.

Paulie_D

Why can’t you change the HTML?

noahgelman
    Participant

@Paulie_D

Because SquareSpace is a joke from a developer stand point. Great if you don’t know code and just want a site, but it’s not WordPress. Doing any kind of customizing is extremely aggravating.

Never again…. never again… shudders

Paulie_D

Well, in that case…

It looks to me as though you will have to use absolute positioning (shudders) to get it where you want it.

Whether you can based on SqSp is another matter.

Try giving the relevant element

{
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    left:0;
    width xxx;
    }

Then fiddle width the numbers to tweak it into place.

BTW…I’m seeing two search fields (sidebar & footer)…is that for testing purposes?

smwoodward
    Participant

Squarespace will allow you to put it into the footer, which I did to allow it to live across all the pages. Because some people wouldn’t see it there, I put it at the top of the home page so people can see it there. If I can get it into the header, I will removed it from both places.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.