Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Need Help!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peterdrew24
    Participant

I am starting a company that needs a few things, and I am not sure where to start. I will need to create a membership website with recurring payments. I would like to use Paypal, Stripe or Braintree if possible. Also, I would need to collect some of the customers data on a database.

Here is how I want things to work out.

The individual comes to the site and signs up for our services. There are 2 or 3 monthly packages. They receive a username and password when they sign up, and they would go through the payment process. If possible, it would be great to integrate with Facebook username and password and Facebook information.

Following this we would have a profile page for them. On their profile page, they would need to fill out a form. The form would contain three criteria. Name, address and birthdate of their friend they would like to send the product too. There would need to be the option to add multiple people to the list.

All of this data would need to be stored to a database so we could look through and send products based on dates.

Is this possible. How hard would this be to create? Is there websites and apps out there already that would do this stuff for me? Any help you can provide would be great. I could build the landing page, I am just not sure how to build back-end stuff? Thank you for your input.

Kenechi Egbuna
    Participant

Yea I’d probably just use wordpress. Read up on “using wordpress for ecommerce”. There are definitely pros and cons to doing this but it’ll close up a lot of the skill gap you’re experiencing

Paulie_D

On their profile page, they would need to fill out a form. The form would contain three criteria. Name, address and birthdate of their friend they would like to send the product too.

Ugh….

By all means have a “recommend this” button but let the user complete just an email address.

Collecting very specific non-customer data like that just rubs me the wrong way.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.