Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Need Direction on Best Technique for a Site!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I need some direction on the best way to make this site work online without loading too slow. New Site Layout

The entire background is a width of 1600px with main content on the page having a width of 970px. I considered using the large background techniques, but the site needs to grow horizontally and the footer needs to move with the content.

Any ideas and insights are appreciated!

standuncan

I would do something similar to this:

html:

Nav Goes Here

Content Goes Here

Footer Goes Here

css:

body {background: green url(images/landscape-image.jpg) no-repeat center top;}
    .container {width:970px;margin:0 auto;}
    header {width:100%;height:100px;background:url(images/black-header-bg.jpg) repeat-x center 0;}
    footer {width:100%;height:100px;background:url(images/black-with-grass-top-bg.jpg) repeat-x center 0;}

TheDoc

That background might be a good candidate for background-size: cover;.

standuncan

I really like the design by the way.

Thank you standuncan

TheDoc ~ That is what I thought at first, but with the content growing and shrinking on other pages and the footer being separate, I don’t know how I could get that to work. Any ideas?

Thank you both for your help….I just finished up the site, so if you would like to give me some feedback…. join the new discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.