Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Navigation Issue from “WordPress 3: Creating and Editing Custom Themes”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pkdSleeper

Hopefully, someone who has watched this tutorial can shed some light on this for me:

1. The 8th video entitled “Building the navigation” from “Chapter 3. Building a WordPress Theme” shows the development the navigation via “WordPress 3.0’s new dynamic menu system”.

2. So he creates the menu’s. Cool. BUT he also used the home.php template file. Right?

3. PLUS the menu HAS a link to the “homepage” in the theme design. Right?

4. So… where in the training series does he discuss actually wiring up the navigation to the homepage. Cuz, I’ve been throught he whole series and I cannot find it. I’m not saying it’s not there, but I am saying that I cannot find it, nor do I see in the entire series where he actually CLICKS on the link to GO to the homepage.

Thanks In Advance
    sleeper

pkdSleeper

btw, I solved this issue by creating a custom link pointing to the homepage. Don’t know if this is the “proper” way to do it, but, heck…it works.

sleeper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.