Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Navagation & IE Browser Compatibility Issues (Sprite Images) – HELP!!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iamshad

I am working on building a horizontal navigation using sprite images. Ultimately I’m trying to accomplish using a sprite image that will change effects when hovering over its navigation link.

When testing this in web browsers such as FireFox, Chrome, Opera & Safari (both Mac & PC) this seems to work very well. However IE 7 & 8 doesn’t render this very well in my favor. I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or is there is a fix for this? Should I approach this differently when using the html5

Mottie

I deleted the duplicate of this post in the css combat section.. there is no need to post the same thing more than once :)

Anyway, IE7 & IE8 ignore unknown tags, so either revert back to divs or use an HTML5 shiv

iamshad

@Mottie, Yeah I’m not sure what happened with the duplicated post. Anywho, thanks for the input.

iamshad

Hey @Mottie, I had no idea what HTML5 shiv was until you posted it here. I tried working with it and it worked perfectly. Thanks again for your help. (cheers) -Shad

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.