Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Archive Index

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    almcrorie
    Participant

finally found out that I could get the archives list on the revised site by going to https://css-tricks.com/archives.

question about how this list is generated: can it be done with a php function or is this manually generated?

don’t tend to think it is manually done because of the pagination set up, anyone know? I find that any site with a lot of posts usually does not give you an easy way to access some of their older posts. this does and I like it, although I am not sure why there is no link to the archives from the home page anymore.

Al

clokey2k
    Participant

The link is hidden in plain site – Explore the Archives is in Blue down the right sidebar, after the adverts and “What’s Awesome” block.

The Archives page would be generated by the WordPress loop outputting only the Title as link and a date. The pagination will be created within the template when there are more links than appropriate.

There is a good few articles by Chris, including a screencast that covers the loop – slightly tedious but well worth it.

almcrorie
    Participant

thank for the link to the archives page

guess I didn’t see it before because, my screen is only 1024 so right part of screen gets cut off, this laptop won’t go to a larger resolution, maybe when I get a new one someday, this one is working great for now

I will check out the loop for this

Al

clokey2k
    Participant

Chris made sure that the content is still there, it sadly moved to the bottom of the post after everything else :-(

Hope the screen cast helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.