Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS nasty ie6 issue(s) -|- help me slay this dragon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cajebo

Greetings all.

Just a couple of quick questions that have given me a bit of a head-ache today. Both of course entail that slaying of ie6 issues. Or one might say "a total blow-up in ie6"

All is for the most part healthy on this theme for recess

I do however have a couple of issues.
    First thing of course is the dreaded transparent png fixing.

I’ve tried a number of hacks, all without success.

I’ve tried them with the js files lying in root (theme) directory, within a specific js directory. I’ve tried the htc fix. I’ve had their necessary gear (gif files) located both in theme’s root as well as in appropriate image directory.

I’ve even tried this thought: "should i just simply say screw it to ie6?" This mainly due to <16% of his users view through ie6.

But alas, it’s a challenge now, and I will succeed I’m sure.

I’ve successfully implemented transparent png fixes in the past on countless sites, but I’m bouncing against a wall on this one.

I’ve implemented a "Featured Content" scroller by way of a nifty wp Plugin of the same name. Not sure if what they’re implementing in their css of jscript is kerfludging my attempts or not.

In addition to the png issue, i have an issue with the two .itemEntry divs not floating properly.
    They are of course aligning just fine in all other browsers but ie6

I’ve even lately gone in and made that class a block element, as well as shortening the the width of it and its parent.

Again, bouncing head.

So, with all that said, I humbly request another eye or to to point out where they think I may be going about this all wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

P.S. I promise to become an avid reader of the forum in hopes of repaying karma by way of whatever experience I can share with others.

;)

Code:
    .ie-png {
    _filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=’andrewsellick.png’,sizingMethod=’scale’);
    height: 50px;
    width: 257px;
    }

.ie-hide{
    border:0px solid #FFFFFF;
    _display:none;
    }

Code:
    Andrew Sellick DOT COM

i send u a code for ex. just use this method for png hack in ie6…may be this work for you..

and other one get sorted by do little changes in itemEntry class make a width little less and use float:left
    :D best of luck

TheDoc
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.