Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End MySQL offsite?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dcp3450
    Participant

Ok, i have an odd issue.

The web server I’m working on does not have MySQL. My company has a SQL server but they are being slow at setting up the DNS on the web server. Until they do no one can access the tables on the SQL server. Since I need a database now I have been given clearance to use an offsite MySQL database.

I created my forms and the data is stored to the database fine. Now I want create reports while staying within my companies website.

What I want to do is have the report form on the site, the user fills in the report request that is sent to a php file on the mysql database. The database send the results back to the user that is displayed to the user on the company website.

So, can I process the mysql on another server and send the results back all in a secure way so the results arent seen in the address bar. It may be important to note that the results could be quite long.

I added a graphic example of what i’m trying to do.

dcp3450
    Participant

after messing with the idea i’ve discovered that i cant send info with the address bar.

the site was created before I started and uses a very odd way of building pages so:

http://www.sitename.com/page.html/?item=$item

wont work.

mattvot

You can just make the MySQL database accept external commands and then you can use it on the server that doesn’t have a database as if it has.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.