Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My WordPress Portfolio and Blog site [HTML5/CSS3]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    henji4

Hello People,

My name is Geng, I’m new here. A lot of great web designers are in the community, I hope I can learn something from you guys.

Here are my Portfolio site & Blog site. Both are WordPress powered, and coded in HTML5 and some CSS3.

If you can give me some feedback, I’d appreciate very much.

My Portfolio: http://genggao.net

My Blog: http://blog.genggao.net

noahgelman
    Participant

I like it. It’s really nice. Two small issues I had was the rollover in the ‘featured work’, the one with the ‘new’ banner has some roll over issues. Sometimes is doesn’t animate downward on hover and it gets buggy when you move your mouse off and on it fast. The other issue is the left and right buttons on the ‘featured work’ section don’t look like left and right arrows. Although they change color on hover, I didn’t know I could click them for a while.

Other than that, I really like it. You’re a very good designer.

henji4

Hi noahgelman,

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed what you are talking about.

The reason that the animation doesn’t work is because that New banner image blocked the link.

I don’t have a solution yet. Anyone got a walk-around for this?

noahgelman
    Participant

It seems like that the New Banner isn’t even inside that list item. The Image under the New Banner, the one of the Japanese Street is the first list item right? Well according to firebug, the New Banner span is inside the 5th list item for some reason. That’s probably where you’re getting your issue.

henji4
    "noahgelman" wrote:
    It seems like that the New Banner isn’t even inside that list item. The Image under the New Banner, the one of the Japanese Street is the first list item right? Well according to firebug, the New Banner span is inside the 5th list item for some reason. That’s probably where you’re getting your issue.

Hi noahgelman,

The banner is not in the list is because the lists are generated from WordPress. So I manually put the banner in the 5th.

I now fixed it by adding the banner in the first list with jQuery.

Thanks for the advice.
    btw, it’s Chinese not Japanese.

noahgelman
    Participant

Ah, so it is. I didn’t look close enough at the characters. And Japanese borrows a lot of characters from the Chinese.

Hi friend,

Which resolution you had selected to create your website? I can see your website in two parts on my screen. I have default resolution in my 17" screen.

henji4
    "RobertWilliam" wrote:
    Hi friend,

Which resolution you had selected to create your website? I can see your website in two parts on my screen. I have default resolution in my 17" screen.

Hi Robert,

What do you mean by two parts? Did it break?
    The resolution of my screen is 1440×900, but I designed my site for min 1160px wide.

friedcherry

Henji4,

You still have about 28% of people browsing at 1024 or less. Something you may want to think about.

http://www.w3counter.com/globalstats.php

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.