Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS My Webpage will not display in ie9 when its is running from a webserver.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shehran

Hi,
    I created a webpage which runs fine in chrome and firefox and also when run directly using ie9. But when i try running the page from a apache webserver, it does not show properly in ie9. What could be the possible problem here.

check this page
    http://infive.ae/test/HomePage/

SgtLegend

The problem is not that your server but the size of your website in general, on a clean load i watched just over 3.5 mb/s of banners been loaded which is far too large for a carousel. I would highly recommend you look into compressing your images as they could easily be compressed to around 100-200 kb/s each.

shehran

thank you.
    let me see how i can reduce the size.
    But the same problem is there in my internal page also.
    it works perfectly in chrome and firefox.

http://infive.ae/test/InternalPage/Dashboard/

karlpcrowley
    Participant

Press f12 and check document mode and browser mode
    They should be set to IE9 but intranets default to quirks mode for some reason

shehran

ya, when the mode is changed it works fine. but do we make sure the visitor is in ie9 mode. Is there no other way or html paramater to set this?

karlpcrowley
    Participant

Yup you need to set the x-ua-compatible to ie=edge

karlpcrowley
    Participant

This goes in the head section of your document and tells IE to use the latest mode available

Senff
    Participant

Everything loads fine in my IE9, it doesn’t switch to quirks mode either.

In IE7/IE8 mode it doesn’t, but that’s because you use HTML5 elements without the HTML5 shiv.

Detailed note: I wouldn’t recommend the use of the tag.

shehran

after i added html5 shiv. it works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.