Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS my tables are horrible!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nchipping

My tables on this site are all messed up! This is my first time creating input fields with forms, and I"m going to get help on the back-end for this site, but I can’t seem to figure out how to align these forms properly.

The page I’m having trouble on is: http://www.knowonder.com/signup3/

Basically, I have put the forms in as I know how, and they are basically okay, except they are scattered all over the page! I’m not quite sure why this is happening, so any help would be appreciated! Here is the code for my form:

Code:
    Question?Digital Subscription? Yes No
    Question?Physical Subscription? Yes No
    Address1
    Address2

Zip Code:
    Question Phone1 Phone2
    How did you hear about us?
    Notes, Comments, Testimonials:

Any ideas?

nchipping

Nevermind – it seems that posting things sometimes help you realize your mistakes – a general knowledge of how rows and columns works fixed this one :) Thanks anyway!

box

There’s no reason to use tables to mark up a form. A form is not a table. You’re life would be so much simpler if you ditch the tables and use CSS to position/style your form elements. There are also significant accessibility issues when using a table to mark-up a form.

nchipping

box,

I honestly didn’t know that was a possibility… Could you give me an example? If there is a better way to do it, I would love to learn it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.