Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS My SWF file is larger than my browser – but thats not the problem….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    raymond_b

Hi, first of all thanks for allowing me to become a member here.

Here is the scenario:
    My Browser is (FF) and my screen resolution is 1440 x 900 (its a laptop).
    I have a SWF file which i need to embedd in a HTML document – the SWF is1680 X 976.
    It needs to be that large for those with more modern screens etc, however, the left and right
    sides do not “need” to be visible on smaller resolutions than my own as the content just fades away into black anyway. YES – i need the SWF to be centralized – thats important.

So, scrolling up and down in the browser is a must, but i do not want left – right scroll bars.

I have tried all i can (which isnt much) but i still get the left-right scroll bars?

It is a single enbedded Flash SWF with no other HTML content. All links etc are inside the Flash file.

Can anyone help me please? I know a little about CSS/HTML – just please show me what and where to save them – lol. The Flash file is local so far.

Thanks in advance :)

Paulie_D

What is the code for the page which will hold the SWF?

raymond_b

There is no code so far – i have tried “tables” and just pasting the Flash into the HTML document – however, this is what it looks like without anything else:

Flash Test

Hope that makes sense?
    I don’t need any other content on the HTML document – just the Flash File :)

Senff
    Participant

My solution would be to wrap it in a DIV with the same dimensions as the Flash file, and wrap that DIV in another DIV with the same dimensions as the screen. Then position the inner DIV absolute so that it’s always positioned in the middle (left position it at 50% and then nudge it to the left with 840 pixels).

Look here: http://jsfiddle.net/senff/VtSTg/ (zoom in and out to see what would happen on smaller and larger screens).

Paulie_D

I also notice that you don’t seem to have an opening ‘body’ tag.

The div and SWF object would need to be before the closing body tag

raymond_b

How can i thank you both enough??

Senff – that was exactly what i needed!!
    Paulie_D – thanks for taking the time to point out my dirty code ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.