Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My Portfolio Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

K- Time to have some fun with this… I am just learning jQuery and java stuff and with some help from a few of you been building up my new promotional site… it still needs some type work and I want to implement a light box feature to show case more work that is associated with jobs I listed that have more to see.

Let me know what you think. :P

http://www.designedbyjeff.com

AshtonSanders
    Participant

*shakes fist at Jeff*

That’s gorgeous. I love the jQuery work. Bravo. Great designs.

"BigBrotherBiggs" wrote:
    … I am just learning jQuery and java stuff …

btw, java and javascript are two (very) different things. ;) :geek:

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant

THANK YOU…

"AshtonSanders" wrote:
    btw, java and javascript are two (very) different things. ;) :geek:

like I said still learning… who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks… I still have it at 40. :D

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Haha, np. It’s a running joke with my "nerd friends" because everyone shortens Javascript to "java" before they know that Java is something else. I get a kick out of it :geek:

TheDoc

I like what you’ve done. A very creative design and a great use of jquery. While I’m beginning to loathe some of the over zealous use of jquery, I think you’ve pulled it off rather nicely.

Having said that, creating a fixed-height site can have its problems. For one, your resume gets cut off at the bottom, no good!

Luminated

Cool site but you should really have an editor comb through it and polish it up. It reads pretty basic and it’s hard to take you seriously (aside from your very nice work). Also, I found this rather large error on the Services page:

Quote:
    My services and abilities are continually growing. My strengths rest in layout and design. Weather you are looking for a logo and some business stationery, or a paper form to help collect information, I can do it.

Damnit Jim, you’re a graphic designer, not a meteorologist!

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant
    "TheDoc" wrote:
    your resume gets cut off at the bottom, no good!

Of course it does. damn IE I just noticed too that my menu slider is jacked up in IE too it is meant to be just inside the right hand side of the poster.

Not one of my strong suits Spelling…

BigBrotherBiggs
    Participant
    "Luminated" wrote:
    Cool site but you should really have an editor comb through it and polish it up. It reads pretty basic and it’s hard to take you seriously (aside from your very nice work). Also, I found this rather large error on the Services page:

I really need to get me a good copy writer. thanks for the heads up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.