Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My portfolio – Feedback please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Damion

Hello,

I have recently redesigned my portfolio, I was going for minimal and clean, I think I accomplished this, but I would like to see what all of you think. Could you please take a look and provide a little feedback.

Link: http://damionyeatman.com/

Thank you,
    Damion.

iancoates

Hi,
    Overall nice. I don’t like the spinning logo, I would leave it static and visible.

Maybe the writing is a bit too small at the top.
    (viewed on 13 inch screen using Chrome)
    Ian

Damion

Hi Ian,

Thank you for you feedback, It’s much appreciated.

I will make the text bigger, And I kinda like the logo but as there is nowhere really to put it i will be sad to see it go.

Thank you,
    Damion

davidlab.be
    Participant

@Damion…if you like the logo then why get rid of it? if you are referring to the one in the top left that spins when you hover over it…then why get rid of it. It is such a small feature that it does no harm. Don’t change it based on one opinion (no offense @iancoates)

derekbtw
    Participant

I’m not sure if you did this on purpose or not but the introduction at the top has a grammatical issue. You wrote, “resist the urge to build behinds the scenes,” no S is needed.

Other than that I think it looks good.

Damion

Thank you all for the feedback. I have fixed the spelling mistake and made the text a little bigger, I also decided to keep the spinning logo :D

Damion.

Looks like the spinning logo is done with keyframes as it only works in chrome and safari. Not a bad touch. Though listing your portfolio site within your portfolio on your portfolio site seems a tad redundant, I would hope every web designer designs their own portfolio site.

Brian Meyer
    Participant

Damion, I like it. Really minor thoughts here:
    – I’d like to see the header portion (your name, descriptive text) a bit tighter. Work on making it a bit more dynamic too?
    – Also, I’d like to see if aligning the header portion with the left edge of the icons below sits better.
    – I’d also see if adding a bit of grey in the background helps with contrast. I find the size of the text + its grey color + the white background to make readability a bit irritating. This is on a 20″ LCD, so I likely wouldn’t have that same issues on my 13″ macbook.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.