Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My Portfolio – Feedback and some issues please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Locke
    Participant

Hey Hi everyone, I just finished my portafolio , I have some issues trying to make it work in IE8 and I give up making something for IE7, :)

So what do you think ? I mean it would sound stupid hahaha, but I just don’t know if I like it that much, I mean when the concept was on my head was good, but now , I don’t know its different. I think something could make it better but I don’t know what’s that something…

http://sektorrd.com

Hope you can give me some advise , feedback,good commet , bad comments, beers , etc are very welcome

Thanks !

jeffymarts

It’s an interesting concept. I noticed just a few things that were a bit off though, the heading for your ‘About Us’ page could be on one line to make it look better, but that’s just my personal opinion, and also, you misspelled portfolio on the navigation area.

Locke
    Participant

Oh! I sorry about the misspelling I was thinking in spanish, and I will follow your advise of playing with th h2

thanks

rickzwebz

It is very different, I like the scrolling effect when you click on links.

The fuzzy moving background effect while unique, seems to hurt my eyes after looking at it for just a short time.

Locke
    Participant

@rickzwebz haha, sorry about the background the idea is to have new bg’s every month o so… the fuzz one is only for trying different things….

tylerabell

I like the fuzz bg and I am very impressed with this template.
    First suggestion: Not a big deal but at first it felt quite awkward. You should move the close image for the “lightbox” / image gallery to the right of the images. It breaks the flow of the user movements since the content is on the right.

Other than that, I say it looks great.

Locke
    Participant

@tylerabell , buddy , I follow your advise and looks better , thnaks!

shagzdesign

Your div on the right is pretty good, but if you are on “about us”, and click on “contact us”, the portfolio flashes in a way that’s unattractive (to me personally anyways). maybe try absolute positions for the 3 id’s like the picture I’ll draw here,

about us large margin portfolio
    large margin
    contact us

this way going between any 2 id’s wont show the 3rd at all. just my personal opinion though, take it for what its worth.

Locke
    Participant

@shagzdesign I will try to get rid of that , may be I will play with some fade in fade out jquery effect…

thanks

LBorn

Personly i would put up the opacity a bit of the white area.

Locke
    Participant

@LeBorn I tryed to put opacity at .5 is now at .3 , but the blue of the logo loses ?¿ , maybe with a shadow in the logo will help.

thanks!

jibin

Your #page tag is floating right. Why not align it in center?

Locke
    Participant

@jibin , only to make it different, I believe that is a good peculiarity :)) …

jibin

Any way i like the design,
    Good Luck.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.