Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My new-ish website and blog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi all,so I’ve swallowed a brave pill and decided to post my own website and blog here for critique and feedback :lol:

Here are the links: web design services & portfolio | blog

To be totally frank I’m not 100% happy with the design of the site, but I was under pressure to get something up and running – web designer without a website = bad. So I focussed my efforts on creating a fairly simple design and writing good content.

Although a lot web designer’s sites tend to be "way out there" in terms of design I knew that I didn’t want that. Instead I decided to focus on what was important to my target market (which is the micro /small business owner) – simple, straightforward information on how I can benefit their business and a friendly, approachable style.

I would like to build the blog up with "business person friendly" information & tips on websites and online marketing, and supplement this with a personal blog (on posterous or tumblr?) to share design & technical related information.

smurk03
    "davesgonebananas" wrote:
    but I was under pressure to get something up and running – web designer without a website = bad.

I know how you feel there, my website has said "coming soon"’ for the last 4 or 5 months… Paying clients and wedding planning just keep getting priority!

Anyway, I really like your website. I would have never thought it was something you just whipped together; it’s really sharp! I definitely like the colors, they are unique and fresh. I also think you did a good job designing for your target audience: all the info they would want to know is right there on the front page, very intuitively laid out. Now for a little negative: I don’t like the "ipod reflection" on your logo. Just MHO but I find it overdone and tired. Maybe some color or some other type of shadowing on your logo would be more effective? I would also move the "Technica" part away from the C just a nudge. Just a few nitpicky things, but overall, very nice work. :)

TheDoc

One quick thing about the tagline, it should read as:

"I take care of the technology,
    so you can take care of the business."

Wow thanks for the comments. So positive and constructive – I should have known you guys would be, it’s a great community here.

Tagline – yes that is a mistake that I didn’t spot, thank you so much. I usually say your business.
    Reflection – I know it’s overdone and cliche, however like I said I was running out of time, needed to get some business cards printed and just went with it. I will definitely look at this in the future though.

Thanks again for the comments.
    Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.