The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Programming Fundamentals" Dec 02 - 2:00 PM Eastern

My first site

• # July 23, 2008 at 5:13 am

Can I first start by saying that I wish I had discovered this site earlier on. It is awesome.

OK, my first ever CSS site, please check it out and give comments as I would really appreciate it.

Any help would really be appreciated regarding layout, css, optimisation etc, to help me improve for my next site. Many thanks.

# July 24, 2008 at 12:27 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Looks good… May I suggest adding a little image next to your links for the animated content? Because of the words used for those headers, it almost looks like its just that… a header. Just a little image of a triangle or whatever you want I think would help.

# July 24, 2008 at 1:23 pm

My first impression of the site made me think it was for a wedding photographer, even the tag line professional magician didn’t clear it up as I though oh he works magic with the camera.

The banner needs to look like magic not a wedding IMO

# July 25, 2008 at 1:16 am

Not to hijack the thread but it’s not very performant … you’ve got 16 different JS files being downloaded not to mention all the other bits (26 HTTP requests in all). Check out for some tips on how to optimize your performance. If you’re using FF, get the plug-in YSlow! and measure yourself.

# July 25, 2008 at 6:15 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Just took a quick look at it. I liked the website, but I was irritated by the fact that I had to scroll so much every time I load another part of the website (I am now here on my macbook with 1280x800px).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed