Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS my first site 90% complete

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    shamai

so my wordpress site, http://www.baseshamai.com is pretty much done, although there are one or 2 spots that still need fixing. I will fix as I go along.
    now its time to add content and I’m finding thats no easy task! It requires time and patience!

please tell me what you think and if its a good start at making wordpress sites
    thanks!

snillor

First of all, congrats and thanks for validating your code before asking for feedback/suggestions. It sure gets old to see posts pleading for help when this basic step hasn’t been done.

Second, I really like the appearance. Good cohesive use of textures and well-chosen colors make the pages very attractive. The rust colored block of buzzwords at right center of your home page is particularly nice.

If I were looking for someone to design a website and stumbled across your portfolio site, I’d most likely be impressed enough to contact you. And I guess that’s one of the main goals of a portfolio site.

I did notice that the site took quite a while to load. Admittedly, I had some scans running in the background that were using a chunk of my processing, but it still might be worth checking into.

The CONTACT link in the middle of your home page didn’t take me anywhere other than a message that the site was unavailable. Might be related to my ongoing background scans, or maybe you haven’t yet finished this. But I figured I should mention it, just in case.

shamai

grr! no the contact page should work!?
    i recently added the plugin w3 total cache and cloud flare and they make the site slower than faster!?

i don’t know why or what to do?

thanks for the reply!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.