Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My First PSD to 100% CSS/XHTML

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wmwood
    Participant

I have done some 50/50 stuff in the past but i decided to put my skills to the test and make a full CSS/XHTML site.
    Here’s an image of the PS Design.
    [img]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8792/markupimagell7.th.jpg[/img]

Here’s a link to my final conversion. Link Removed

Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks!

NikeAirforce1s
    Participant

Neat and congrats, the only thing I think you need to fix is that yellow gradient header, it seems you just placed it there for the hell of it, you need to do something with it, don’t just leave it there looking plain, if you’re not gonna do anything with it, you might want to take it out or reduce the height.

wmwood
    Participant

I Have updated it to better match the photoshop design (use same link above)

Thanks chris and airforce for the comments!

Volkan Görgülü
    Participant

Hi wmwood,

I want to make some suggestions,

First of all, I think you do not need this little line | between the items of your main navigation, it adds a noise to the navigation.

Secondly why do you duplicate you navigation below the header, maybe you can move it your footer.

Next one is I think you should really consider making your font-size a little bigger that can help you with white space management.

Finally I have looked at your source code @ page-top, if I were you I would write it as

Code:

William Wood Web Design – Building Dynamic, Professional Websites

Instead of giving classes to those items, you can directly target them in your CSS like this,

Code:
    #page-top h1 {}
    #page-top ul {}
    #page-top li {}

I just tried to help, best regards. :D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.