Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My first proper website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    beezer123
    Participant

I have recently been learning HTML in my college course and have coded my first website.

I coded it all from scratch with the help of a few little snippets that I’ve found on here (how to get curved edges on my div)

I was wondering whether you would be willing to have a look at it and give me some feedback on the design, aesthetics, ease of use etc.

http://www.macbook4u.co.uk

Thanks

Constructive criticism is welcomed.

chazzwick

1) the rounded corner images are all the wrong colour, and do not match the background colour.

2) i would say the font is too big on paragraph elements. you can get far more information into a smaller area, and make it more readable it it were smaller. Keep big text for headers or important information.

3) your code shows tags such as <p1> <p2> and <p3>. these are not valid html tags. if you want to differentiate <p> elements, give each one an id or class. i.e

Code:

etc…

beezer123
    Participant

I’m back and I have cleaned up my site and the coding.

I realise that the corners are still not perfect but it’s as good as I can get due to the gradient background and the height adjusting automatically to fit the content.

I’ve also added a new site banner which I feel makes the site look a little more professional.

I’d like some more opinions from people if possible please?

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.