Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My first ever web page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    n1kk1

Hello, I’m hoping you can help me with this (I hope) straightforward request as it’s driving me mad. I have literally learnt HTML/CSS this week so I’d really appreciate the feedback (any feedback!).#

I’ve uploaded my new website and everything looks fine on my work pc but when I view it on my laptop everything is misaligned – the menu and graphics have jumped off the page.

http://www.artandescape.com/index.htm

Also, I am trying to create a contact page, I did find an example on here and have tried incorporating it into mine but it does not work, if anyone has any suggestions I’d appreciate them.

http://www.artandescape.com/page%2010%20contact.htm

Finally, my links to PDF’s are not working, they worked fine when this was a text file so I am presuming it is to do with where the pdfs are now saved, I’ve uploaded them via FTP to the web and they are sitting in the same place as the html pages – is this correct?

If you have taken the time to read all this I am hoping you will be able to help. As I say this is all new to me and the web has taught me most of it but I definitely need some insider knowledge!

Thanks

n1kk1

I’ve fixed my contact page – if someone could please just offer me any advice on the alignment problem that would be really helpful..

n1kk1

your javascript is probably set to show the images at a set place, you may have set it to 100px from left, if so, you have killed a lot of audience, as you cant scroll across to easily, to see the images.

Hi, thanks for your reply – I have set the images in an exact place, how else do I position them to be able to scroll across otherwise?

ikthius
    "n1kk1" wrote:
    your javascript is probably set to show the images at a set place, you may have set it to 100px from left, if so, you have killed a lot of audience, as you cant scroll across to easily, to see the images.

Hi, thanks for your reply – I have set the images in an exact place, how else do I position them to be able to scroll across otherwise?

well to be honest, I think your small images does just fine, they show what is there in enough detail.

if you must have a hover to show the images bigger, then I would suggest making your main page wider to accomodate it and show the overflow, or have your larger image come over the main display of the page.

or do a onclick event instead of onhover, and darken the screen and centre the main clicked image, sorry I don’t remember any links off hand to show you

but if it stays as it is, I can’t ever get to see the larger images, as scrolling to the left means, going slowly, to keep the mouse over the image I want to see and using my arrow keys….. not very user friendly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.