Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My first CSS website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    akurtula
    Participant

hi,

this is my first css website. I have alot more to add on it, but i’d appreciate some feedback.

Every time i go on the site, it loads realy slow (especialy the hover menue). i tried testing it in on the size softwares and stuff and i can’t find any reason why it does this, do you have any ideas.

all comments are welcome

thanks

http://www.els-exhibit.co.nr/
    aurel

koewnet

Perhaps it’s your host? If it’s 10gb Free Host, I’m probably correct. I don’t see any other reason why the pages should load that slowly…

chazzwick

i would use css sprites (http://css-tricks.com/css-sprites-what-they-are-why-theyre-cool-and-how-to-use-them/) for the menu to avoid the slow responses on the hover menu.
    also, i would rethink the noise you have used for the header and the menu. you want the name of your site to be clear and easily read, the noise makes this hard to do

koewnet
    "milehighdesigner" wrote:
    CSS tricks can get away without it because css-tricks.com tells you what it is up front. You won’t expect to find travel information here.

Still, we’ve got that guy who thought it was a Counter-Strike: Source (abbr.: CSS) forum. And I could understand that a gamer without any clue of webdesign terminology could confuse it for one. Still, when you get to the front page there’s no chance in hell visitors should belive that this page isn’t about cascading style sheets.

akurtula
    Participant

Thanks for all the comment,

I haven’t thought about the slowness of the host, I just picked a free one as this is my first attempt to web design.

The CSS sprints look really good solution; I will try and improve the navigation, at the moment I’m playing around with that technique

When I created the banner and the nav buttons, (i thought) they looked good in terms of matching together, but haven’t really thought of it in terms of how the audience may react,

These comments are really useful, thanks again

aurel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.