Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other My Blog for review…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    AjaxSerix
    Participant

I thought it would be a fun way to introduce myself on the new forums and join in to post my blog for review. I wanted to make something simple to post for mostly family and friends. Until I finally get myself to settle on some sort of design for a portfolio site it also serves that purpose.

I am enjoying the feel of it thus far but I am always open to input…

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Hey Eric,

Looks pretty good! I really like the background image on top. Very bold and confident. I would definitely play with typography a bit all over the place. I could see the content being a bit more readable if the size was bumped down a little bit but with the same line-height. Also the reflection in the header is a little weird. All that black space up top is really nice, but the reflection sort of breaks it up and flattens it out. I don’t mind reflections, but I think it needs to be clear what it’s reflecting off of, and in this case there is obviously no "floor" there for any reflection to be happening.

All in all looks good though. I’m always amazed what you can do on Blogger.

Wow that is a nice content-based site. I can tell you have put a lot of time and effort in to it’s production and it really shows! If I were to suggest one improvement it would be to increase the contrast between the colour of the text/content box/background. Such a change would make the page more exciting, but apart from that I think it is a very good site!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.