Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other MVC Re-Org – need help with templating / views

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    markmikel
    Participant

About a year ago I started down the road of building my first full-stack PHP site for learning purposes (but also a project at work).

I had a decent OO version up and running, but I wanted to do a full MVC reorganization since the codebase (even though it’s only about halfway done) is becoming difficult to maintain. I’ve learned a lot over the last year, but I’m still trying to figure out the templating / view portion.

My main stipulation is that I’ve got to write everything custom without the need for template engines – I will probably switch to a template engine in the future, I just need to learn how to do it.

Currently, my model and controller are talking back and forth very well and I’m getting raw data from the database without an issue.

I have a “master” template file that loads up the basics and styles around the content, as well as loading different modules if they’re into the “admin” section of the site.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.