Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Mustang club redesign

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I recently redesigned my Mustang club’s website. I let our members give input into the design and the majority wanted a dark design with a heavy grunge feel. It’s nothing overly special, but I kinda like it…..I think. Anyways, look forward to your comments and inputs. CSS-Tricks rocks!

http://www.mustangsofburlington.com/

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Pretty neat design! One simple thing I might suggest would be to darken up that metal grid texture you are using at the top. I like that car at the top, but the tones of the car and the texture are so similar that the car doesn’t stand out as much as it probably should. Texture often works best when it’s subtle :)

dag

Chriscoyier could have reason: try to use a single color or a shade with gradient.

This is a very nice site, well designed and content driven. I love the layout and I think the images of the site work really well. If I were to suggest one improvement it would be to change the background image of the main content, maybe just tone down the colours slightly so that more focus is placed on the actual content rather than the box it is encased in.

But again I really do like the site!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.