Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Music Player – In a popup.. or..?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey all,

I was wondering if I could get some opinions. I am designing a site that I am going to be putting a music player on. Thing is, I don’t want the music player to stop and start again every time someone clicks on a different page, as it would happen max, every 30 seconds.

Ideally, I want the music player just on the bottom right of the page, and have it always playing. But, unless there is a way to do this, I don’t think its possible since as I explained I don’t want the track to be cut once someone exits the page. So, I suppose my other option is to have the player in its own popup box so it can constantly play without interruption.

Any ideas on this, or confirmations that the popup is the onlybest way to get my goal of uninterrupted music?

Edit: I also just thought about… ew, frames.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

If you wanted it to play continuously I would look at the popup option :)

mattvot

I would say alittle pop up window too. But only if the user wants.

For example, play the track through the normal window, and give them the option for a pop up, that way it won’t be blocked by popup blockers ertc

A popup is a good idea, but if you do end up going with it make sure the user knows that there will be a popup, and if you do end up putting it on the page, make sure it is highly visible to your visitors, there is nothing worse than a site with horrible music playing and no way to turn it off.

richardpixel

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m currently trying to find a way to do the exact same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.