Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Music Blog Site – Critique Wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gvestudios

Hello All

I just want some feed back on the layout/look of the site. Thx for your time. Link is below.

LINK

dryan1144

I like it, nice work.

If I had to nitpick:
    I don’t know if the underline link hovers on the dropdown menu and the sidebar are doing anything for me.
    I see the value in making the ‘spread the love’ feature prominent but it seems overbearing to me.
    Same with the footer.
    Might not be an issue for you but the site is quite wide (which works for me) – but i could see the fixed position twitter and rss icons could spilling over into the content fairly easily for some visitors.

supermankd

Looks awesome… the only thing I would change is get rid of some of the borders especially in the sidebars. I find pages that look to busy don’t attract the eyes to the important information. The green on the twitter/news rss links is a bit hard to read.

mat

Nice solid user friendly navigation and layout, I would not use serif and sans-serif fonts for the left and right column as this looks hard on the eyes, only other thing is that there are too many lines and borders going on:
    [img]http://www.nwonline.co.uk/DEV/_common/lines.jpg[/img]

See what i mean ?

euanmead

really good

page nav goes funny on click.

try padding it left a bit on hover.

needs to be same or similar font and size to post text.

gvestudios
    "dryan1144" wrote:
    I like it, nice work.

If I had to nitpick:
    I don’t know if the underline link hovers on the dropdown menu and the sidebar are doing anything for me.
    I see the value in making the ‘spread the love’ feature prominent but it seems overbearing to me.
    Same with the footer.
    Might not be an issue for you but the site is quite wide (which works for me) – but i could see the fixed position twitter and rss icons could spilling over into the content fairly easily for some visitors.

Sorry for the late response….def not nitpicking. I actually took ur recommendation and changed the dropdown and sidebar text decorations. Im still working out what im going to do with the footer.Thx alot for the input

gvestudios
    "supermankd" wrote:
    Looks awesome… the only thing I would change is get rid of some of the borders especially in the sidebars. I find pages that look to busy don’t attract the eyes to the important information. The green on the twitter/news rss links is a bit hard to read.

thx for the input…im going to change the borders…the text color is suppose to be #7faab3 which is a light blue…thats a concern if its showing up greenish…thank you though.

gvestudios
    "mat" wrote:
    Nice solid user friendly navigation and layout, I would not use serif and sans-serif fonts for the left and right column as this looks hard on the eyes, only other thing is that there are too many lines and borders going on:
    [img]http://www.nwonline.co.uk/DEV/_common/lines.jpg[/img]

See what i mean ?

thx for noticing that. I really didn’t even see that I did that…and thx for the screencap…changing immediately

supermankd
    Quote:
    thx for the input…im going to change the borders…the text color is suppose to be #7faab3 which is a light blue…thats a concern if its showing up greenish…thank you though.

It’s probably the grey background making the text look green. I always try to keep the contrast as high as possible with my designs, albiet hard to do with the sidebars. You might want to change the font colour on the rss liks to #333… I think it looks better like that but thats just my personal opinion.

The site looks awesome! I love how the background and the twitter link stay where they are. Makes the design look slick without any silly showboat crap.

Hi Dear.

Well your blog is real nice and the layout is amazing. If you add more dynamic contain then it will look awesome like flash or something which is compatible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.