Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Multiple WordPress installations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    fs_tigre

Hi,

I have been using wordPress for two of my sites and this never occur to me until now and I’m wondering what would be the most appropriate thing to do.

What I have been doing is this. I installed wordpress locally using MAMP and under the same installation I add my themes for different sites but I was thinking and what if I want a certain site to have different functionality in other words a plug-in used in one site may not be what I want for multiple sites, so my question is…

Do you install wordPress for each site so you have control over you plug-ins or you simply do what I have been doing putting everything under one installation?

Also installing multiple versions of WP shouldn’t be a problem right?

Thanks a lot.

mshort1985

i’m not 100% sure but i think you would need to install multiple copies of wordpress for this.

fs_tigre

This is strictly for development purposes. Thanks a lot!

TheDoc

Personally, I install a new version for each site (for the reasons you’re already aware of!).

mixxmac

You can create a network of sites in WordPress 3.x, and have multiple sites (with different themes/plugins/users) in one WordPress installation, if that’s what you’re looking for. Documentation is here… Create A Network « WordPress Codex http://bit.ly/i5n33l

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.