Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Multiple Style Sheet vs Single Style Sheet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    emdave

Hi,

I’d just like to know what is everyone’s opinion on the pros and cons for using multiple style sheet or to squeeze everything in one file.

Thanks for your input.

jamygolden

One stylesheet would be smaller than many and it would load faster as there are less HTTP requests.

I might develop with two or more stylesheets, but then combine them in the end.

emdave

Thanks for your input. When you say “combine them in the end”, do you actually mean copy and paste codes in to one sheet?

jamygolden

Yeah exactly. I don’t normally develop with more than one stylesheet, but I have done it before.

I would have a reset.css, nav.css, style.css, etc. and in the end, I’ll copy and paste the css into one ‘giant’ css file.

emdave

Thanks for the information, jamy_za

TheDoc

I develop one stylesheet with all styles in it. I know some people create different stylesheets, but I would hate doing that.

The only things I keep separate are, of course, IE specific stylesheets.

virtual
    Participant

I usually only have one stylesheet, except for IE specifics. Sometimes if I have a photo gallery page which has a lot of css and different layout I put it in a separate stylesheet, but to me having lots of different stylesheets can get confusing. I usually comment each part of the main stylesheet e.g. layout, header, footer, navigation etc. so that it is easier to find things.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.