Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Multilingual Site How-to?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    standuncan

Although this is my first post, I am not new to forums, so yes I did search. I could not find any information regarding how to setup a multilingual static html site. I’ve tried searching on Google and various blogs like Smashing and here and the only thing I can find are multilingual WordPress plugins.

Can anyone point me to a tut, how-to or clue me in on how this is done?

I have found on a couple sites they have a smal JavaScript function like < a href="javascript:goSpanish();">En EspaƱol however, I can’t find in any of the scripts where that function is being called, if that makes any sense?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

grimslayer
    Participant

Hi, I have just finished creating a multilingual website which you can take a look at here http://johnathangrimes.hostei.com/clients/General%20Communications/

The method I used for the site above is search engine friendly and remembers what language the user has selected before.

To use the method I used your site would have to be coded in PHP. The text then will come from seperate language files.

If you are interested in the method I have used, I will email you over everything that is needed to do it.

standuncan

Thanks everyone, your replies really help.

grimslayer, I would appreciate it if you could email me the files needed for that method. I would like to have that option as well as the others to present to my client. My email is in my profile.

Thanks again, Stan

Bob

I saw this tweet show up a few days ago in my timeline, tweeted by smashingmagazine. You can see it here, don’t know if it’s useful though as I haven’t done multi lingual sites before.. http://www.netmagazine.com/tutorials/build-multilingual-site-wordpress Interesting concept to think about though!

yggm

Grimslayer, I would like the code as well. BTW, if I already have a site built in html in English, is there a way to add the same pages built in Spanish and have the navigation work correctly for each? Thanks!

vipin2087

Hi,
    I want to create multilingual website in Core Php.But I have no idea about it.So Mr. grimslayer If you have created multilingual website then help me and give some advice.
    If you have some function then email me.
    Thanks…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Google has a service that automatically translates the website text depending on what country your website is being viewed in.

hey grimslayer! is it possible that u could send me that email too? would appreciate it a lot!tnx

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.