does anyone have any good advice or links to tutorials they have used to do this? A lot of people have told me they had some issues with people still being directed to the old site? losing comments etc..
1) Tarball the dev site root directory (i.e. everything at http://www.learnitpassiton.com/ABC)
2) Dump the dev site database using phpmyadmin
3) Open the database dump in a text editor. Search and replace http://www.learnitpassiton.com/ABC with http://www.abcpeersupport.com then save.
4) Copy the tarball of the site over to the production server (using ftp, scp, or whatever). Untar it using whatever method is available – usually either ssh or cpanel filemanager.
5) Create the production database (again using whatever method is available from hosting provider).
6) Restore the edited sql dump using phpmyadmin.
7) Open the wordpress config file in a text editor – via ftp or cpanel usually. Modify the database configuration settings, username, password, etc.. as per the one you created in step 5. Save.
8) Cross fingers, toes, etc. and fire up web browser!