Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Moving Boxes – how to resize

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ponyack
    Participant

Hi,

I was working with Moving Boxes tutorial – I was looking for some help on how to make the slider smaller – the width is fine but I would like to scale the width down by at least a 1/3.

Looking at the slider.js I can see the height and width – would this be the only place that I need to change the height and width?

Thanks

ponyack
    Participant

update : – Nobody using Moving Boxes? Or is it that no one has an idea how to change the size? –

Hello,

I was able to get the surrounding border height reduced

I am having trouble with resizing the image so that the overall function of the slide works

Link to demo: https://css-tricks.com/examples/MovingBoxes/

I know that I am close – could defiantly use some help to get over the hump

Thanks,

Ponyack

ponyack
    Participant

Update:: 06/19/09 – I figured this out – I will not say that this is the best method or practice but it worked for me. If someone can improve upon my suggestion please feel free to post –

In the slider.js there are four variables you can change as you scale down the size of the sliding box make sure to update the image width and the slider content height.

Also, you will need to make adjustments to slide distance and position – due to fact that you reduced the image size – the sliding box will now be off center – so adjusted as necessary-

PeppezZ

but what variables??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.