Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Moving Accounts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alex_wilson
    Participant

Tomorrow I will being moving a client off of Go Daddy’s Web Designer account, which is quite possibly the worst thing ever, and moving them to a Go Daddy Hosting Account. To do so I have to change the domain name of the Web Designer account and then create a new account. The current webpage is number 1 or 2 in google and bing search engine results, probably because its a town. Is there a risk that by deleting the current account and moving the domain name to a knew one that the new webpage will be ranked lower? And what should I do about it, if there is?

chrisburton
    Participant

Like @TheDoc suggested in another post, just use a redirect (301). You should not have duplicate content on two separate domains as Google may find that suspicious according to one of their latest algorithm updates.

TheDoc

This actually sounds a little different.

You’re moving hosting… but you’re not changing the domain name?

If the domain name is going to stay the same (as will all of the pages), then you don’t need to do anything.

chrisburton
    Participant

@TheDoc I think you’re right. I misread. You can delete my post above so it doesn’t cause confusion.

alex_wilson
    Participant

Yea, I’m just changing from a Go Daddy Web Designer to Hosting account, but keeping the domain name the same.

Thanks for the help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.