Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Most secure eCommerce system

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vincent

Assuming you update the system as soon as new updates come out, what do you guys think is the most secure eCommerce system is? Which do you think is the best? WordPress’ WP-eCommerce, Magento, etc.

Matt

Magento

I have an in-house e-commerce built on Rails that I believe is much safer than even that. Moral of the story: Sometimes the things you make can be even more secure.

vincent

Yeah, I kind of thought that making my own eCommerce system would be safer, but then I thought of all the people that work on Magento and wp-ecommerce… I know for a fact that I can’t make something better than 58325927492739482 people do together. Although, since they are more popular, they are bigger targets.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "vincent" wrote:
    Yeah, I kind of thought that making my own eCommerce system would be safer, but then I thought of all the people that work on Magento and wp-ecommerce… I know for a fact that I can’t make something better than 58325927492739482 people do together. Although, since they are more popular, they are bigger targets.

Your logic both ways is solid. You have to assess the threat. Personally I would use a pre-built because you will always have to update your software – better that someone else is doing it than you taking the time to do it yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.