Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS More on IE’s erratic links behavior

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Maggie

Here’s more about my links problem that I asked about earlier today … a friend, who has a PC with IE (don’t know which version) logged onto my site after I’d done Chris’s fix (line height issue) and re-uploaded. She got erratic results. Some links worked; others didn’t. Then the next time she tried, the links that hadn’t worked the first time, suddenly did.

The only other thing I can think of is that I used Dreamweaver CS3’s template feauture to build my pages. All pages, except for index.html, are from the template. Could that be causing me all this grief in IE? My page checks out beautifully on my Mac in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and IE/Mac. It even behaves itself in AOL’s browser (Mac).

If anyone has any other suggestions, I’m all ears.

Thanks, again.

Maggie

Could it just have been a simple cache issue? Some of the temporary files saved on her computer caused the problem, and revisiting the site a couple times fixed the caching issue when the browser updated its temporary files?

Maggie

I thought of that, but when I asked her to empty the cache, she didn’t know how! I tried to guide her, over the phone, but as I’m on a Mac, it’s a case of the blind leading the blind! I’ll see if I can find another friend with a PC who’s a bit more savvy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.