Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript MooTools Accordian Not According.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    alex_be
    Participant

Hi,

I’m new to actually posting here, but have been reading the site for quite sometime.

My company wants me to make a one page landing page within one of our web applications for a partner of ours which is going to need a sidebar “navigation.” I put navigation in ” ” because the navigation isn’t really going to navigate any where, it’s just going to offer documents for download (for the most part) I’d like to separate these documents into sections and thought the MooTools Accordian would be a good way to do it.

Anyway, I’m a “baby” at JavaScript and basically anything that is dynamic and cool and not HTML or CSS. I’ve basically just copied and pasted the code that MooTools offers on their page in the demo section because that is actually exactly what I need. I was just going to re-style it to fit the look of my design.

The problem is when I copy and paste the code, it doesn’t work. It’s like the JavaScript isn’t loading at all. I’m going to assume that the MooTools guys know what their doing and it’s my ignorance that is botching this up, can anyone help?

The code as I arranged it is below:

Untitled Document

What is MooTools?

MooTools is a compact, modular, Object-Oriented JavaScript framework designed for the intermediate to advanced JavaScript developer.

It allows you to write powerful, flexible, and cross-browser code with its elegant, well documented, and coherent API.

Cool! What licence does it have?

MooTools is released under the Open Source MIT license, which gives you the possibility to use it and modify it in every circumstance.

What browsers does it support?

MooTools is compatible and fully tested with Safari 3+, Internet Explorer 6+, Firefox 2+ (and browsers based on gecko), Opera 9+, and Chrome 4+.

The application.js file contains this:

window.addEvent('domready', function(){
    new Fx.Accordion($('accordion'), '#accordion h2', '#accordion .content');
    });

I’m sure I’m overlooking something very noobish.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.