Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Mobile Drop Down Menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SamuelNeudeck22
    Participant

I’m working on a mobile drop down menu where when clicked it scrolls down. Is there a way to do this with CSS or must I use Javascript (I am terrible at all backend languages and jQuery) Currently I have a codepen started and I’m trying to make the hidden listed items full width codepen

georgearnall
    Participant

Something like this ?

If this is for mobile, there is not much point including background colour changes on hover states. Just have them that colour to begin with

Paulie_D

My JS/JQ skill are minimal but would you also need a touchstart/touchend event for mobile?

georgearnall
    Participant

I have not used this before, you’re most likely correct. However, I do not know how to set this up. This post should really be in the Javascript section. Perhaps, someone else can implement the functionality.

I would be interested myself to see how to do this.

Paulie_D

This post should really be in the Javascript section. Perhaps, someone else can implement that.

Done. :)

Paulie_D

Here’s an interest point on touchstart as opposed to click

http://forum.jquery.com/topic/replace-all-a-link-to-touchstart#14737000003685110

Steven Morgan
    Participant
    SamuelNeudeck22
    Participant

Thanks guys! that link really helps me know how to get started Paulie. geaorgearnall: thanks for the suggestion using that and Paulie’s post I think I can get it with a little more research. thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.