Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS missing current_page_item in custom menu from wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stimsonm

I’m using the new custom menus in my sidenav and it only creates a class sub-menu in the ul’s but does not use the current_page_item like when you use wp_list_pages. I have 3 levels and only want to show the sub menus of the page you are on, easily done using wp_list_pages but I can’t do it with the custom menus?

TheDoc

I wouldn’t go the custom menu route, instead I would use this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-section-navigation/

I like it because it allows me to put code directly into my templates (something about using widgets that I just don’t like!).

stimsonm

Thank you I’ll give that a try

stimsonm

is there a way to put it in template?

TheDoc

Quoting myself from above: “I like it because it allows me to put code directly into my templates (something about using widgets that I just don’t like!).”

From the Plugin page itself:

“Template authors can call the navigation by using the simple_section_nav function. The function accepts a single argument in the form of a classical WordPress set of parameters.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.